Monday 30 April 2012

Birmingham....

A little background information as to why I was in Birmingham at the weekend :P Basically in a nut shell: My sister and I had won tickets for a skating event late last year, and due to unforeseen circumstances it got cancelled :( HOWEVER in compensation, we got offered tickets to see Dancing on Ice at a venue of our choice, so we chose Birmingham.

Friday:


We pulled up to Birmingham coach station to what can only be described as DULL weather, so we took cover in Nandos. Once lunch was over we thought it best to go to the arena and collect our tickets for the evening show to miss all the queues later on, the see if we could try find out hotel. Tickets collected then the search was on for the hotel. After wandering round for a wee while we found the hotel, by which time it was time to start getting reading for the show. Clean clothes put on and fresh make up applied we were ready to rock ;)
With our tickets being 'free' we figured that we'd have seats right at the back with a limited view, oh how wrong we were!! We were sat slap bang in the middle of the rink (not on the ice!) four rows from rinkside!!!





Our seats were amazing with a perfect view - Better than any seats I've paid for! 
The show, I have to say, was the best I think I've ever been too! The crowd was SO loud and the atmosphere was electric. The night got even better when we (me, my sister and our two friends) got chosen to go backstage!! Basically each show, Andy Collins, the warm up guy says that he has a VIP pass (the opportunity to go backstage and meet the celebs and pro skaters) for the people who shout and scream the loudest. Obviously we gave it some welly and screamed and jumped about like idiots so we'd win it. And WE WON! 
So after the show we had to go down to meet Andy so he could take us back to meet everyone. We got taken to the 'holding area' which is just basically a corridor with a ping pong table :P The celebs and skaters came out to take pictures with us and sign stuff for other competition winners. The only people we didn't get to see were Jayne and Chris because they were taking ice baths (sitting in tubs of ice so that their muscles don't ache the next day- all the celebs and skaters do too) BUT as luck would have it, we managed to see them as they were coming out of the arena in their car. They were SO sweet and stopped for us to take pictures and get things signed, even had a little chat with them too. My sister and I have had the chance to meet them a few times before, and they are the nicest, most down to earth, genuine people I think I have ever met!

Saturday:
SHOPPPPPPING!!! I've had my eye on the Fashionista blusher palettes for so long but my superdrug don't stock them. Luckily the Superdrug inside of the Bull ring is huge and had the full rang, so I picked one up :D We didn't really have much time to have a good luck around as we were catching our coach at 2pm, so decided to have a quick look in Forever 21, then met up with other friends that were seeing the show that evening. I had such an amazing weekend, don't think anything will top it anytime soon! And I'll definitely be going back to Birmingham to do some serious shopping haha

Some random pictures:

The canal by the NIA

The Bull ring

The Bull






Thanks for reading :) (sorry it was so long!!)

S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment