Monday 14 May 2012

Review: Dirty works 'bye bye dark circles' concealer....

I'll admit, I bought this concealer because of the packaging. It's small and compact, and has two concealers meaning you can mix them to find your perfect shade.



I'm almost out of my collection 2000 lasting perfection, and figured 'there's no harm in trying something new' Wrong! When you find something you love, stick with it! Although this concealer wasn't expensive (£3.77) it was a waste of money.



The formula is greasy, thin and gives very little coverage. It may be because I have oily skin, but I found that whether I applied this over or under my foundation, it separated and it ended up looking a mess.I had to reapply foundation over the top to try and cover it up.

The idea is great, the product is not. I wouldn't recommend trying this out, even for dry/normal skin types. The pigmentation, when swatched is great but doesn't apply under the eye the same, and the coverage is barely there.



The lowdown:
* Cost £3.77 (it was reduced to this price, maybe that's why)
* 9g product (4.5g of each colour)
* Poor coverage
* Greasy and thin consistency
* Cute packaging

I'll definitely be sticking to my collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer from now on.

Thanks for reading :)

S xx

2 comments:

  1. What a shame! I usually love Dirty Works products, not many people talk about them though!
    xxx


    http://angiebeautybelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I'd never heard of them before I bought this concealer. It looked like such a great product with the two shades too. I'll definitely try more things, won't let one product I don't like put me off the brand
    xx

    ReplyDelete