Tuesday 22 May 2012

Review: MUA BB cream in light....

I literally think I'm the last person in the world to try a BB cream. If I'm honest, they just never really appealed to me at all. I love my revlon colorstay foundation, and didn't feel the need to change it. However I gave in and picked up the MUA BB cream in light and thought I'd give it a whirl.




The day after I bought this I ran out of face primer so thought I'd just use this until I could get out and buy a primer. I have to say, I quite like it as a primer. I wouldn't use it everyday this way because the consistency is quite thick, so the BB cream plus my foundation is a bit much to wear on a daily basis.


I did find that having this as a base, meant I didn't need to use concealer in any redness or spots because this is pretty mush a medium coverage and hid any imperfections I had.
After around 5 hours, I did notice that it wore off on my forehead and chin, and started to look a little cakey. This could be down to the fact that I have an oily T-zone?


When I tried this alone, I actually quite liked it too. The colour matches me perfectly, and again with this being a medium coverage it concealed a lot so I only added a small amount of concealer to my under eye area then slapped my power over the top, and I was ready to go. I did find that after around an hour and  a half, it started to cling to my pores, and again it seemed to separate on my chin and forehead. I do actually think this could be down to my oily skin, I found that this happened so many times before with different foundations I tried out.



The lowdown:
* Cost - £4.00
* 30ml
* Very slight perfume smell
* Light matches my skin colour perfectly
* Blends easily
* As a primer, makes make up look flawless
* Medium coverage
* Quite thick consistency
* I found it to be a medium coverage, not full

I definitely think that I'll keep using this as a primer, especially for nights out because my make up really does look flawless with this.

*Where to buy:  http://www.muastore.co.uk/index.php/bb-foundation

Thanks for reading :)

S xx

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried a BB cream yet either. I just tries tinted moisturizer thanks to Bircbox. I'd live to give it a whirl, but there so many brands and such so I need to research. Thanks for all the details! I have combo/oily skin so that would be a con for me. [what you experienced] thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, hop it helped :) I've heard mixed reviews on the garnier one too, but other than that one I haven't really heard much about any others x

      Delete