Monday 11 June 2012

Review: Benefit primers....

I think pretty much everyone bought Glamour magazine when they were giving away free sample sizes of Benefit goodies, right? I made sure I picked up one or two......or three with 'the pore fessional' and 'that gal' primers (I already have bad gal lash and figured I didn't need more) I've used both of these primers everyday since I got them, and have to say I'm really impressed with them both! I'll be completely honest before I review these products, for me I never really notice much about a face primer other than whether it keeps my foundation on or not. Both of these did, so they get a thumbs up from me.


The Pore fessional:



The claims:

'Apply this silky, oil-free formula to minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin'

What I found:

I don't have pores that I needed minimizing, or fine lines that I needed smoother than smooth, so I can't comment on that. So I'm basing my review on how I found this as a primer, and how well it kept my make up on. It gets a total thumbs up from me. I applied this at 6:30 each morning and sometimes didn't get the chance to wash make up off until around 7:30 that night, and it was still were I applied it earlier that morning. I did notice that my foundation wasn't 100% on my chin, but I always have problems with this anyway. After applying this, I noticed my skin looked an felt silky smooth, which seemed to make the application of my foundation that little bit easier. It has a slight fruity perfume smell which I find really pleasant, it never really bothers me applying products that have a scent. Would I recommend? Yup, absolutely!

* £23.50
* 22ml
* Skin toned
* Slight fruity/perfume smell
* Comes in a squeeze tube 


'That gal':


The claims:


'Wear alone or under make up for the look of bright, smoother skin'

What I found:


This definitely does what it says on the tube, my skin looked brighter and felt smoother. I can't really say much more that what I already said above, because I found that both primers worked pretty much the same for me. I think I may have gotten slightly more wear out of my make up with 'the pore fessional', maybe because that's oil-free? I'm not sure, but I'd still recommend this one too. When I swatched this on my hand, I noticed it left a slight glow behind once blended in, but once applied to my face and with foundation applied on top, I didn't notice the glow at all. I'd say this one has a slightly stronger fruity scent to it, which again I really don't mind at all.

* £21.50
* 11ml
* Pink toned
* Fruity smell
* Comes in what reminds me of a glue stick


Which do I prefer?


If I had to choose one, I think I'd go for 'the pore fessional' just because I got slightly better wear from it compared to 'that gal'. You also get more product for your money with 'the pore fessional'.

* Benefit website UK: http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/category/makeup/primer
* Benefit website USA: http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/category/makeup/primer

Which do you prefer?

Thanks for reading :)

S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment