Wednesday 13 June 2012

Review: Liz Earle sheer skin tint....

I'll be honest, I've never been too keen on trying out a tinted moisturiser solely because I prefer a full coverage product for my face. However I received my latest in beauty box and in it I chose to try out the Liz Earle sheer skin tint.




I was expecting this to have very little coverage because of the name 'sheer tint', but it actually surprised me. I'd say this was a medium coverage, but not heavy to wear like a medium coverage foundation can be. It doesn't cover like my Revlon colorstay does but then it's not supposed to as it's a tinted moisturiser. For that extra little coverage, I use my collection lasting perfection concealer to the area's I need.




On applying this, I found it smooth, easy to blend and a small amount goes a long way. I really like the end result, my face didn't look flawless but it definitely made a difference. I didn't (quite stupidly) read the sachet before I applied this, so later found out that it gives a dewy look, which I'm not a fan of because I have oily skin. So I found that I needed to keep applying powder to stop it from sliding all over my face (I will point out that it was EXTREMELY hot outside so that didn't help at all) Because I had to keep reapplying my powder, my face started to look cakey.
I still have another sachet of this to try (I got three but gave the darkest one to my sister) so I'll definitely give this another try, when the weather cools down slightly because the heat plus my oily skin don't mix well together when it comes to make up.

I still love the application and finish of this, and would recommend that those of you who have dry or normal skin try this out because it's a really good product.

Fast forward 2 weeks:
The weather has decided to cool down since I first decided to review this, so I thought I'd try out the other sachet I had. I have to say that I found that this time, I didn't find my self needing to powder as often as the first time, although my face did still feel dewy. I didn't look as cakey, and this seemed to stay put better than last time. After around 6 hours I noticed that I had pretty much lost all make up from my chin, not really a surprise. I think my chin just obviously likes to be bare maybe? haha Still a thumbs up from me, although I'm not sure if I'd purchase the full size of this, just  because of my skin type. But like I said earlier if you have dry or normal skin, or you like a dewy finish, you should give this a go.

The lowdown:

* Cost £21.00
* 40ml
* Lasted around 2 hours then started to look cakey (due to my skin type and weather I think)
* Feels light when applied
* Medium coverage
* SPF15
* Slight strange scent
* Blends really easily

Available from http://uk.lizearle.com/face/sheer-skin-tint-spf15.html

Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks for reading :)

S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment