Monday 6 August 2012

Review: Collection lasting perfection ultimate wear foundation....

I've had this foundation for two weeks now and up until around a week ago, I really couldn't make my mind up about it at all. The first time I applied it I'll admit, I really didn't like it one little bit!


I bought this in 'Ivory' and was expecting it to be Ivory, and well it isn't. I usually use Revlon colorstay in '180 sand beige' which is a shade too dark for me (the next shade down is too light) and this collection foundation is a similar colour to the Revlon, with a slight orange tone to it.



It looks slightly lighter swatched on my hand      

Another thing that put me off this (Getting all the negative out of the way and making way for the positive :p) was the application. I always use my Real techniques stippling brush to apply my foundation, and I didn't find that it worked very well with this foundation as it did with my Revlon. The collection foundation says that it gives a flawless finish, however I didn't find that it did. My face looked patchy and not blended well at all.

I then decided that instead of giving up with this, I'd try out a few different ways to apply it and see if it made any difference at all:

Day one: With real techniques brush and without a primer (I stopped using a primer a while before this because I found that Lush's Enzymion moisturiser was great). I needed to keep powdering my face throughout the day, I didn't have a flawless finish and my foundation only lasted around 5 hours then started to look patchy

Day two: With my hands and Benefit's porefessional. I found this to be a better technique, it gave a better finish, more coverage and was quicker to apply and blend. The colour was still off, but after an hour or so the orangeness seemed to calm down and it suited my skin better. This time it lasted around 7 hours and didn't look as patchy as the day before. It did however disappear from my chin quite quickly, but I didn't look as dewy

Day three: With my flat top powder brush from e.l.f, benefit's porefessional and my urban decay 'de slick' spray. I found the e.l.f brush to allow the best application. This time I did have a flawless finish, better coverage and it lasted around 8 hours then started to fade. There was no patchiness and again I didn't notice any dewiness and didn't feel the need to reapply any powder through the day.

Day four: With my flat top powder brush from e.l.f and the No7 shine free primer. This is the best combo out of all four and is the one I use every day now. I'm going to do a separate review on the actual primer, but I will say it's amazing if you have oily skin. My skin looks flawless when I use the e.l.f brush and No7 primer together, I only used powder to set my make up in the morning without having to touch it up at all through the day, and my foundation stayed on for around 10 hours. This sealed the deal for me, and I now really enjoy using this foundation.

What is says on the bottle:

* Flawless finish
* Oil free
* Anti transfer
* SPF 20
* Fresh appearance for up to 16 hours


I agree with the oil free and flawless finish (when I found a way to make it work for me) Up to 16 hours I'm not so sure about, it didn't stay put for over 10 hours for me, and I found that it did transfer onto clothes every now and then.

The thing with make up (and skin care etc) is that different things work for different people. If you have oily skin, I'd say give this a shot. It's not expensive so if you find that it doesn't work for you then you haven't wasted a small fortune. I'd also say maybe try a shade lighter than you usually would buy, and try it out more than once if you don't like it after the first time. I didn't like this at first, 2 weeks later I'm loving it.

Have you tried this out? Does it work for you?

Thanks for reading :)

S xx


No comments:

Post a Comment