Wednesday 12 September 2012

Review: Avon supershock gel liner....

I bought this liner after buying, trying and loving Avon's supershock gel liner in pencil form. I had really high hopes for the gel liner in a jar because I love the pencil so much. However, I'm kind of on the fence about it to be honest. I think it's more to do with the colour and pigmentation more than anything. I got mine in 'blackened metal' which at the time I thought would me more of a very dark grey/almost black, but I was wrong. It's more of a light slate grey with some silver glitter in it. I did find that the glitter doesn't actually transfer onto the eye which like.




The actual product itself is really nice. It's smooth to apply,glides onto the lid (I use Avon's angled liner brush when I apply this) and does last all day with no smudging at all. It dries really quick too which I like, unlike some others that I've tried. For me it's the colour and pigmentation that makes me not love it. I like my liner very black, and I guess you could get this darker if you layered it up but nobody really wants to pile loads of liner on their eye right? I do think though, that this would go great with a subtle smokey eye; maybe using greys and browns because it does give a nice smokey effect with being the grey colour. I'm still going to continue using this on the days if I ever want a subtle yet pretty liner.


It looks darker on this picture than it actually is


Have you tried this out, what do you think?

Thanks for reading :)

S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment