Thursday 8 November 2012

Review - Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof eyeliner....

When a brand brings out a waterproof eyeliner I need to go out and buy it. My eyes tend to water at the very outer corner and I end up with eyeliner half way down my face. Rimmel have recently brought out new waterproof liners and the selling point for me was they have a nude shade! I currently use Benefit bright eyes on the days I'm feeling extra tired, but I find it t be too pink so the nude was a must on my shopping list, and I may have picked up the Taupe shade too ;)






'Ultra soft and creamy formula that glides on easily. High intensity colour for instant colour impact. And that shocking colour intensity lasts. It withstands tears, sweat and humidity.... and whatever else your day or night may through at you'

The first thing I will say about these liners is that I love the colours, especially the Taupe and they have great pigmentation. I used the nude on my waterline and it was so smooth and creamy to apply, it definitely gave me that 'wide awake' look. I'd say it lasted around 8 hours, the pigmentation wore off as the day went on but  there was still some product on there at the end of the day.
The taupe, I applied on my lower lashline, upper lashline, waterline and tightline. Lets start with lower lashline: Again super creamy and smooth to apply, it didn't drag at all. I applied this at 7:30am and there was still some colour there at 8:00 pm, the colour wasn't as pigmented but there was still that taupe colour. Another thing I noticed and loved was that it didn't drop under my eyes and give me that panda look, which I find happens with most black and brown pencil liners. Now for upper lashline: Smooth and creamy to apply, lasted 12 hours without budging. Tightline: Lasted around 8 hours. Last but not least waterline: I have to say I'm a little disappointed with this on my waterline, it's not very pigmented at all and it took so many swipes to get any colour. The slight colour that I did get lasted around 5 hours.





The lowdown:

* Cost - £3.99
* Shades - 7
* 1.2g of product
* Available from Boots and Superdrug
* Smooth and creamy to apply, doesn't drag on skin
* Great staying power
* Excellent pigmentation
* 4/5

Thanks for reading :)

S xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi hun,
    Came across your blog today when looking for a review of a product and must say I've been reading through quite a few of your posts! Really like all your mini reviews of budget friendly products.
    You've reminded me about quite a few lipsticks and products I have which haven't had a lot of love recently.
    Following :)

    Ax
    My blog is holds some similarities to yours :) I'm so trying the Kleenex range too.
    www.thriftygirlloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :) Ah thank you! Following back, great blog! I love the Kleenex facial cloths and oil absorbing sheets, deffo worth a try

    S xx

    ReplyDelete