Thursday 13 December 2012

Career Update....

As the saying goes 'new year new start' and a new start it shall be! I've been slacking quite a bit this year as far as making my dream job a reality, for a number of reasons. Mainly because one thing after another has happened this past year and I had to put the breaks on things. Another big reason being I've lost my confidence a little, and I'm trying to get it back. I've decided to remember how much I love doing people's make up and love making them feel better about themselves, and let that be my motivation.

Plan  of Action:

I've done a Monica Bing again and written list upon list of everything I need to do to achieve my goal, and this time there shall be no slacking!

1- Buy the rest of my kit - Whenever I have spare money I WILL be buying pieces for my kit! I want to pick up some of the real techniques brushes and have my eye on a fair few Inglot eyeshadows

2 - Learn to drive - I've given myself a deadline and I WILL have my provisional by the end of March. This is the thing I fear the most, I'm terrified of learning to drive but it's something that has to be done

3 - Get business cards sorted - I'm actually in the process of getting these (yey me) I just need to figure out which ones I want. I've fallen in love with eight different designs.....eeeek

4 - PRACTICE, PRACTICE and PRACTICE - If I want to get to where I want to be then I need to be confident in what I'm doing, and currently I'm not. So family and friends beware, I'm coming for you with a make up brush mwahahaha

5 - Get cracking on my portfolio - This is something that I'm really excited about starting. I already have my ideas in my head, now I just need to make them happen

6 - Last but not least get my self out there - I need to start looking for jobs make up related and find me some experience. My plan is to find as many Make Up Artists in my area that are looking for an assistant. I'm completely dedicated to making this work so if I end up having to wash make up brushes for a few days then so be it. Can't be scared of hard work and getting your hands dirty right?

I was completely dedicated to making this work from the very start, but now I know how much I want and need this to become reality so I'm going to work my backside off and make it happen!!



Thanks for reading :)

S xx




No comments:

Post a Comment