Friday 4 January 2013

Review: George 'Volume Lash' mascara

Whilst wandering up and down the aisles in Asda (as you do) and spotted a new mascara from 'George' which was on offer for £3.00 (usual price is £3.50) Clearly I don't own quite enough mascara's and ended up putting one in my shopping basket.



The product:
The first time I used this, I found it to be SO runny which I hated. But I left it for a week or so to dry out a little and found that it worked much better and easier to apply


The wand:
The wand is quite stiff (behave!) and tends to clog up with mascara at the very end. The bristles are the typical spiral form and are pretty hard which I'm not really a fan of, I like a little more flexibility to help me catch each lash


This claims to 'thicken and lifts for instant lash volume' and does it? I quite like this mascara, and think that's it's pretty good for the price. However one thing that I don't like is that after a few hours it leaves black 'panda circles' under my eyes. Not a huge deal but pretty annoying to have to keep checking and fixing throughout the day.


With two coats

The lowdown:
Price: £3.50
Product: 10ml
Shades: Black and waterproof
Where to buy: Asda stores
Does it live up to its claims:
Score: 3/5


Have you tried this yet? What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks for reading :)

S xx


4 comments:

  1. It definitely gives your lashes some nice volume :) pity about the smudging and runniness! :( would have been a nice little bargain buy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really good mascara, especially for the price. BUT just annoying that I end up looking like a panda at the end of the day lol

    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe worth a try i think...im off shopping tonight so i'l see what lands in my trolley :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely worth a try :)

    S xx

    ReplyDelete