Wednesday 16 January 2013

Review - MUA Matte perfect foundation

My favourite foundation is the Revlon Colorstay for oily skin (We all know that by now though), because it's the only foundation that stays on. Anyway, whilst in Superdrug I spotted the new MUA matte perfect foundation and thought that I'd give it a go.


The first time I used this I was unsure about it because it's a light coverage and I prefer a medium to full as I still have a few scars n my chin. I applied this using my real techniques expert face brush and didn't like the finish it gave. So I applied a second 'layer' using my fingers, to give a fuller coverage and a better finish. I have to say I preferred this using my fingers. 

My make up was still perfectly intact after 3 and a half hours which is longer than some other foundations I've tried, but after 6 and a half I noticed it seemed to slip away from my chin and forehead - the oiliest parts of my face. Now for the test of 'shine control' This is the main reason I bought this because I love/need/have to have a matte face. With this foundation I looked dewy throughout the day, not shiny but not matte so I would recommend using a setting powder.

The product


I'd say this was a cream foundation over a liquid. The consistency is thick, gives a light coverage, was unfortunately a shade too dark for me (I got the lightest shade - fair) and was on the warm tone side.

Final thoughts

I'm on the fence about this and I don't think I'd repurchase, however I would recommend giving it a go for yourself because everyone has different opinions and this might work for you. It's only £2.00 so you're not breaking the bank if you don't like it. I'd say this would be good for those who like a light coverage and who have normal/dry skin, I have oily and it didn't really work for me, sorry MUA.

The lowdown

Price - £2.00
Product - 35ml
Coverage - Light
Lasted - Around 4 hours
Shades - 3
Consistency - Creamy and thick

Have you tried this yet, what did you think? 

Thanks for reading :)

S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment